Guidelines to guarantee that your get the wedding cake you want
Chances are you have been imagining your wedding day since you were
a little girl and dreaming about your dress, the hall and –
yes, even the cake. You have probably even seen those fabulous and
tantalizing cakes in the wedding magazines that not only accent
the marriage party and hall but add a chic glamour to the setting
as well. If that is the kind of gorgeous cake you want
for your wedding then all you have to do is a little bit of homework
before meeting with the cake designer or baker.
1. Research: If you have not already started
looking through wedding magazines for wedding cake examples then
now is a good time to do so! Narrow down your selection as much
as possible before meeting with any baker or designer so that
you know ahead of time what you want.
2. Consult with your fiancé: Since the
cake should be a reflection of your couple, find out if you both
want the same thing. If not, then find a style, flavor and design
with which you are both happy. Also determine what you are willing
to spend on your cake.
3. Have a theme: Most people want their cake
to coordinate with elements of the wedding so you should have
a good idea of:
- The overall color scheme for the wedding from bridesmaid
dresses to the table cloths
- The flowers you will likely be using
- What the budget is for your wedding cake
- Approximately how many guests you expect
- The overall style, theme and formality of your wedding
Knowing these things before you meet with your baker or cake
designer will help you select a cake that will not only coordinate
beautifully with your wedding but will give the festivities an
added layer of style and sophistication.